Mexico City, August 1st, 2009- Mexico City is the first in the world to set up a system specifically to assist visitors with obtaining medical care for problems that arise during their trip.
If you come down with a disease or have an accident while visiting the city, you are automatically covered.
In order to increase the quality of the city's touristic infrastructure, Mexico City's Government from now on, automatically covers it's domestic and international guests with free medical aid and assistance in case of any emergency or complications, in case of non-medical complications, there might be a modest charge for some of the extra services.
A well established call center with multilingual nurses can take your call 24 hours a day, you may call or write in advance as there are rules to prevent people from abusing the city's generosity.
The Tourism Department of Mexico City's Government subsidizes the following services:
• Medical assistance in case of influenza AH1N1
• Medical care in case of any other disease or accident
• Provision of an ambulance in case of an accident
• Hospital accommodation in case of any emergency
• Drugs prescribed by attending physicians
• Emergency dental care
• Home transportation in case of illness
• Hotel accommodation for time of recovery
• Accompainment of minors
• Home transportation in case of death
• Informing the emergency contacts
• Legal assistance in case of robbery or loss of documents or belongings
• Touristic Advise
• Events reservations in the city
• Forwarding of forgotten belongings
• Assistance in case of lost luggage
• Assistance in case of flight delay or cancelation
• Call Center available 24 hours in Spanish, English, French, German and Portuguese
Emergency Call Center: +52 (55) 5480-6898 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org